What You Get
A Science subscription is just the start of what you’ll get!
From Science, to community, to exclusive, members-only content, a AAAS membership offers you a host of unique benefits including:
As one the world’s premiere scientific journals, Science offers readers an award winning mix of news coverage, analysis and peer-reviewed research.
As a AAAS member and Science subscriber you’ll enjoy:
- Delivery of 51 weekly issues of Science in print or via our digital magazine partner Zinio (an e-magazine subscription includes a free iPad version of Science)
- Access to the entirety of the Science website, anytime, and from anywhere (including the entire Science Classic archive dating back to 1880 and access to articles before they appear in print via Science Express).
- Access to the full text of Science articles via the Science Reader app for the iPad and, coming soon, through apps for iPhone and Android devices.
- Deep discounts on subscriptions to Science’s sister journals Science Signaling and Science Translational Medicine.
Available exclusively for AAAS Members, MemberCentral provides an exciting mix of community and information.
Covering topics ranging from the history of science, to emerging trends in condensed matter physics, MemberCentral uses videos, blogs, podcasts, and webinars to cover the issues and people that are reshaping how we think about science.
MemberCentral, for AAAS Members, and people who love science.
Exclusive E-mail Alerts
- AAAS Advances
- Keep up to date on AAAS programs, Board Statements, special events, volunteer opportunities and much more.
- BioMed Roundup and Science Roundup
- Members-only newsletters monthly of the biomedical research and non-biomedical research published in Science, Science Tranlsational Medicine, and Science Signaling.
- AAAS Policy Alert
- The AAAS Policy Alert provides a weekly look at developments related to the U.S. Federal S&T budget, pending and passed legislation, congressional and executive branch updates, and much more.
- AAAS Annual Meeting
- The AAAS Annual Member is offers the perfect venue for networking with colleagues and peers from across a wide range of disciplines. As a AAAS member you’ll enjoy significantly reduced registration fees and access to variety of sessions on scientific developments and public policy issues.
- AAAS Disciplinary Sections
- AAAS membership is divided into 24 disciplinary/topical sections ranging from Astronomy to The History of Science. The 24 sections arrange symposia for the Annual Meeting, elect officers, nominate AAAS Fellows, and offer expertise for association wide projects while providing a unique opportunity for you to connect with thought leaders inside and outside of your field.
- AAAS Regional Divisions
- Meet AAAS Members is your area through the activities and meetings of the four AAAS regional divisions: Arctic, Caribbean, Pacific, and Southwestern and Rocky Mountain.
- AAAS Fellows
- Election as a Fellow of AAAS is one of the highest honors a AAAS Member can receive. Bestowed upon members by their peers, Fellowship recognizes members for meritorious efforts to advance science or its applications.
- Expeditions through AAAS Travels
- Take the trip of a lifetime with other AAAS members and scientists from a wide variety of other associations and societies. AAAS’s travel partner, Betchart Travel offers scientifically oriented voyages to amazing destinations including Antartcia, Africa, the Gallapagos and more. More information on Betchart Expeditions can be found at membercentral.aaas.org/discounts.
Member Discounts from AAAS Partners
- Apple and AAAS have teamed to include you in a special program. Now you can get preferred pricing on select Apple and third-party products. Links to the discounted online store for AAAS members are available at membercentral.aaas.org/discounts.
- AAAS Members save between $1,300 - $3,300 off the manufacturer's suggested retail price (depending on model and accessories) on the purchase or lease of a new Subaru from participating dealers. To qualify, you must be a AAAS member in good standing for at least six consecutive months prior to participation in this program. Please contact AAAS Member Services at 202-326-6417 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE visiting your local Subaru dealer.
- Dell and AAAS have teamed up to offer AAAS members discounts of up to 10% or more across the Dell product range. More information
- NASA Federal Credit Union
AAAS has teamed up with NASA FCU as part of our member benefits package, so now you can join one of the nation's premier Credit Unions and take advantage of NASA FCU's market-leading products!
With NASA FCU you'll enjoy some of the best rates and service around, as well as the same level of financial sophistication and innovation offered by many of the nation's largest banks, including:
- Premier checking
- Remote deposit
- Mobile banking
- Loan services
- Over 28,000 ATMs nationwide
- EarlyAccess Payroll
- NSF FreePass
- And much more!
- GEICO Auto Insurance
- AAAS Members may qualify for a AAAS Member discount through GEICO.
- Car rental discounts from Hertz.
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press Publications
- AAAS members can now receive a special 15% discount on eight exceptional books for lab scientists and educators from Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press Publications. Go to www.cshlpress.com/affiliates/aaas.htm. Click on "Enter CSHL Store" and browse "Special Offers for Affiliates."
- Seabury & Smith
- Term life insurance: AAAS members in the United States are eligible for an optional, low cost term life insurance plan. For more information, contact Seabury & Smith at 1-800-424-9883 or at aaas@Seabury-ins.com.